This course consists of 18 hours of theory, 12 hours of in-car instruction and 2 hours of observation.
Other than the highway drive, all in car lessons are either 1 hour or 2 hour sessions. Highway drives are done with another client in the car.
This program cuts the waiting time on the Novice License down from 2 years to 1 1/2 years (18 months).
The driver must;
- successfully complete a GLP-approved course in the learner stage
- demonstrate safe driving attitudes and behaviours
- and have no violations (tickets) or at-fault crashes during the first 18 months of the novice stage.
The student also gets two Grade 11 credits.
GLP classroom sessions are broken down into three sessions. Students must attend one of each module.
Modules are held at the St. John Ambulance Centre at #84 – 1742 Cliffe Avenue in Courtenay.
Upcoming Classroom Dates
March 7th 13th 14th FULL
May 9TH 15th 16th FULL
July 10th, 11th & 18th FULL
Aug 6th, 7th & 8th FULL
September 12th, 18th & 19th FULL
Nov 6th, 7th & 13th
All classroom dates from from 10am-5pm.
10am-1130am (15 min break)
1145am-1pm (30 min lunch)
130pm-3pm (15 min break)
345pm -5pm finished
Want to be notified when new classroom dates are available? Email [email protected]
- Masks in the building
- Sanitizer provided
- Building set up for one way traffic
- Practice social distance
- Bring own mug
- Some hot drinks and snacks provided
- 30 min lunch break bring food or bring money to buy food
- If sick/traveled with in 14 days stay home and contact me to reschedule
- All paperwork and pens /markers provided
$975 for High School Students
$1021.43 for all other students ($975 + GST)
Payments may be made in installments so long as the last payment is paid one month prior to finishing the program. A payment of $299 must be paid on first contact.
Policies for Schedule Changes, Cancellations & Refunds